Adguard is an ad-blocking software for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android that offers advanced security solutions against intrusive ads, online tracking, malware, and more. Its features include firewall, HTTPS filtering, browsing security, and spyware protection. In this article, we cover user reviews and pricing. Ready to try Adguard?
Adguard has an interesting proposition for users who want their software for free. Basically, if you bring them,customers, they’ll give you a 1-year free license key. They state the following on their website: “All you need to do is to recommend our program to four friends. If they install Adguard – you will get an activation key for the whole year!”
In addition, they have three different packages for different uses. All three packages are based on an annual subscription though, and they don’t allow more granular payment options like monthly or bi-annual subscriptions. For starters, the mobile version is $9.95,
They also have a Standard Plan which costs $19.95, and supports Windows and Mac systems. Finally, they offer a Premium Plan which costs $24.95 per year and supports Windows, Mac, and Android. They do also provide a generous 60-day money back guarantee, which is more than enough time to decide whether or not like their service enough to commit to a subscription.
What Adguard Does Well
Unwanted ads and tracking or malicious-intent applications have become more creative in how they deliver their message as new blockers are developed to stop the intrusion on computers and mobile devices. That’s why the security option users choose to protect their computers should be committed to being up to date and ahead of the curve.
AdGuard has proven to be just that. Since its inception as a pop-up ad blocker, the program has continued to evolve over time as the advertisements it intercepts become more sophisticated.
AdGuard has grown into a full security suite that stops ads before they load speeding up your internet experience in the process.
It also blocks background programs, malicious software and phishing emails that target your personal information by posing as a company or friend to get access to passwords, account numbers and other info you want to keep private.
To keep the entire family safe, AdGuard includes a robust parental control interface that can be adjusted to the age of each child and cannot be changed or removed without a secure password.
How to configure the DNS in iOS
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad
2. Navigate to the Wi-Fi options on the side-bar.
3. Now, on the right pane, you will see the name of the Wi-Fi network you are connected to. It will have a blue checkmark next to it, to indicate it is working fine.
4. Tap anywhere on the line with the Wi-Fi network’s name or the icons on the edge. This open’s the settings which are specific to the selected network.
5. Scroll down till you say the Configure DNS option. If it says “Automatic”, it means no custom DNS has been enabled, and the network is connecting to your ISP’s DNS servers.
6. Tap on Configure DNS, and then on the “Manual” option. Now you will see an Add server option.
7. Use this to set any DNS that you want to. Don’t forget to hit the save button on the top right corner, to finish adding the DNS server.
Here are a few popular public DNS services which are reliable:
• CloudFlare DNS: 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 (Cloudflare has DNS apps for Android and iOS as well=
• AdGuard DNS: 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11
• OpenDNS: 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
• Quad9 DNS: 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
• Google DNS: 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11
AdGuard DNS is very useful, because it acts as a system-wide ad blocker.